Who we are?
Shirdi Sai Parivaar (SSP) is a volunteer based non-profit, spiritual and charity organization based in Milpitas, California, U.S.A. The organization is based on the teachings and philosophy of Shirdi Sai Baba, a great saint from India. Sai Baba taught the unity of all religions, universality of spirit in all existence and compassion for all living beings. Shirdi Sai Baba’s main attraction has been His embodiment of dispassion, purity, and simplicity. The main objectives of the organization are to:
- Promote the teachings of Shirdi Sai Baba
- Promote the spirit of selfless service and volunteerism
- Provide education in human values to children and young adults
- Participate in activities to help Charity work the needy and underprivileged
History and Activities of SSPShirdi Sai Parivaar started in early 2002 when a handful of devotees inspired by Shirdi Sai Baba’s teachings decided to conduct bhajan satsangh every Thursday evening in His honor. Initially, the gatherings happened at the homes of devotees. However, as the number of devotees increased, a bigger facility was sought in 2005. In 2006, SSP opened the Shirdi Sai Center at 897 Kifer Road , Sunnyvale, CA. In 2010, SSP moved to its present location at 1221 California Circle, Milpitas. The new location was inaugurated with a grand Shirdi Sai Pranaprathista function held from June 18th to June 20th , 2010. At the new location, we conduct various religious, charitable, and community activities. Details of some of the activities are provided below:
- SSP conducts Ramanavami, Temple Anniversary, Gurupoornima, Mahasamadhi and New Year events on an annual basis.
- Bhajan satsangh is conducted every Thursday from 7:00-9:00 P.M.
- Sai Satyavrata Pujas are conducted on a regular basis
- Weekly Thursday Annadanam program sponsored by devotees
- Monthly/annual charitable and community based activities include Sandwich Sewa sponsored by SSP or devotees, Second Harvest Food Drive, Toy/Blanket drive for the underprivileged, Bone Marrow drives,
- Every 2nd Saturday Satcharita Parayan is conducted for the welfare of devotees
- SSP also provides Thursday kids’ activities, language, dance, yoga classes; all of which are offered for free by our volunteers
- Community activities include notary, dental, and nutrition consultation services.Shirdi Sai Parivaar is a non-profit organization(Federal Tax ID : 20-1881480). and therefore donations made to it are tax deductible to the extent permissible by IRS. Donations can be made in the following manner:
- By writing checks in the name of “Shirdi Sai Parivaar” and depositing it in the hundi.
- Checks can also be mailed to 1221 California Circle, Milpitas, CA-95035.
- Donations are also accepted via Paypal or SSP Merchant account link available on our website
- Stock donations can also be made using our Charles Schwab brokerage account
What we do?
We conduct weekly Satsanghs on Thursday’s (7:30pm – 9:00 pm) at Shirdi Sai Center 1221 California Circle, Milpitas, CA – 95035. Satsangh agenda includes Shirdi Sai Bhajans and Shej Aarti. Twice a month we chant Rudram and Vishnu Sahasranaamam. Once a month we also chant Sai Namavali and Sai Mahima. This gives us a chance to feel the presence of Baba in our midst and in turn spread Sai philosophy to other devotees. All those interested to host Satsanghs at the hall can send an email to [email protected] By HIS grace, we have been able to successfully celebrate events like Mahasamadhi, Ramanavami and Gurupoornima.
Shirdi Sai Parivaar Activities
To aid in maintaining peace and harmony in one’s life through Sai Baba’s teachings.
To organize events to commemorate the significance of Sai Baba’s philosophy and life history.
To provide a medium for spreading the message of love, peace, and harmony among the devotees.
To inculcate the philosophy of Sai Baba, in children, by teaching them hymns, music, and by encouraging them to participate in creative craft/dramatic activities.
To organize charitable events benefitting the local community.
How to Subscribe?
We welcome Saibandhus to subscribe to Sai Parivaar for regular updates regarding the Satsanghs, events, articles and newsletters on Sri Shirdi Sai Baba.
[email protected] or call 408-909-1221
BOW TO SRI SAI AND PEACE BE TO ALL