Fundraising during National/International Natural Disasters:
- $2500 to The Earth Saviours Foundation, a New Delhi based NGO. The Earth Saviours Foundation provides selfless service to abandoned senior citizens, deprived, mentally disabled and homeless individuals in New Delhi(2014).
- $3000 to Asha Jyothi for Vishakapatnam Hud Hud Cyclone relief(2014).
- $4200 to Kashmiri Organization of America, a New York based NPO,for disaster relief in Jammu & Kashmir. This also includes 10% of the funds from the SSP 2014 fundraising activity(2014).
- South East Asia earthquake and Tsunami, we collected $3,150 which was provided to the local American Red Cross chapter(2013).
- SSP Fundraising Nadhaswaram Event (May 18th, 2013): Net proceeds from this fundraising drive was $19,014. Out of the that SSP donated $2,100 to the California School for the Blind.
Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Relief Fund (May 30th, 2013- June 30th,2013): As part of this fundraising drive, we raised a total of $4,160. The amount received was donated to the local chapter of American Red Cross.
Uttarakhand Flood Relief Fund (June 27th, 2013 – Aug 1st, 2013): As part of this fundraising drive SSP received $15,000. After an extensive search SSP decided to provide$7500 each to “Uttarakhand Mandal of America (UMA)” and “Indians For Collective Action (ICA)”. Both of them are well known Bay Area based non-profit organizations with an excellent track record in executing projects with zero administrative costs. UMA will utilize the funds to provide tele-medicine and vocational training to people in Uttarakhand area affected by the disaster. ICA will utilize the funds in collaboration with People Science Institute (PSI) of Dehradun, India to provide housing and other infrastructure for victims of the disaster.
- In 2012, SSP provided monetary support of $400 to non-profit organizations such as Asha and AshaJyothi, USA. Both these organization cater to the underprivileged and physically challenged children in India. They provide speech therapy, hearing aids, cerebral palsy chairs and medical rehabilitation to hearing impaired and medically challenged children.
- We have also provided monetary support to the local chapter of American Red Cross. For the earthquake and Tsunami victims in Japan in 2011, we raised $6,654.53 out of which SSP provided $2,500 as matching donation.
We would like to thank you for your generous and continued support. If you have any specific questions, please send us an email to saibandhu@
BOW TO SHRI SAI AND PEACE BE TO ALL