Give food to the hungry, water to the thirsty, and clothes to the naked, Then God will be pleased. If I take one rupee as Dakshina from anybody, I have to return it tenfold to him - Sai Baba
With Baba’s grace, SSP has resumed normal operating hours and have initiated various in-person activities. We have also resumed kitchen/prasadam operations on Thursdays and weekends . All other activities including Thursday bhajansatsang, Sai Satyavrat Puja, cultural events, and some classes have resumed in-person. Due to your generous support and with the help of our dedicated volunteers, SSP has been continuing to be involved in various charitable and community based activities. Some of the activities that we are involved are as below:
• Meal Services at Homeless Shelters – Prior to the pandemic, SSP volunteers used to serve hot meal at 8 local Bay Area shelters serving to the tune of nearly 90000 meals annually. With the easing of county restrictions, we have resumed these services in a limited way once again serving homeless shelters in San Jose, Mountain view and Fremont areas and with a goal to gradually increase the number of beneficiaries
SSP volunteers cook nutritious meal once a week and serve at the San Jose, Mountain View & Fremont homeless shelters.
• COVID Vaccination drive – With Baba’s grace, SSP has been organizing free COVID & Flu vaccination drives, at Shirdi Sai Center for adults, infants 6M+, toddlers/children in partnership with Quark pharmacy.
• Food Drive – We have been providing essential dry rations, even during the pandemic, to Second Harvest Food Bank, Milpitas Food Pantry, Modesto Gospel Church.
• Miscellaneous Help – Every year, SSP distributes about 1000 blankets, 500 plus back packs and many gifts, in partnership with Family Tree Gift, to help under privileged members of the community.
• High School Scholarships – SSP has been providing need based scholarships to the academically accomplished college / trade school bound high schoolers with demonstrated financial need for the last 8 years in partnership with Milpitas Union High School District. This year we have disbursed $30,000 towards scholarships. We are aiming to significantly increase the scholarship amount to $500K and expand the reach to entire Bay area, in subsequent years.
All the above mentioned charitable and community activities are possible because of your generous donations and volunteering time. To continue with various charitable and community activities, Shirdi Sai Parivaar is pleased to initiate a donation drive and you can choose to donate for causes as below:
Annadanam / Food Donation – Devotees can sponsor Annadanam by giving donation using link provided below. SSP will procure food on behalf of devotees and will donate to Milpitas Food Pantry to serve homeless and needy people.
Shirdi Sai Center Operations – This is for general facility upgrade/upkeep and maintenance.
Mortgage Bearer – The primary goal of the mortgage bearer program is to raise funds that will be used for paying off the mortgage loan.
-Devotees can pay one time donation using link provided below or can participate by signing up to pay a recurring amount
-Payment interval could be Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly or Annual basis
-Payment method: Check, Bank Transfer, Paypal or Credit Card
How it works in 2 easy steps:
- Please fill out the Google form first before making donation to provide cause for your donation.
- Please donate your Tax-deductible contributions at SSP Annual Donation
Alternatively you can also donate by sending a check or wire transfer with a memo stating the cause of the donation.
Stock Donations: If you are looking to make stock donations, please send an email to [email protected] and we will help you with instructions for transfers.
Please reach out to us if you have suggestions and if you know any organizations that need help.
We would like to thank you for your generous support. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback, you can contact us @ (408) 909-1221 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOW TO SHRI SAI AND PEACE BE TO ALL